It’s the time of year for Christmas parties and other holiday gatherings. As such, it’s time to make “bring a dish to pass” dishes. For tonight’s party: Spinach and Artichoke Fondue!
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 9 oz. (1 pkg) frozen spinach, chopped
- 6 oz. jarred and marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 tbsp. chopped/minced garlic
- 2 green onions
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used 1/2 cup of Asiago, 1/2 cup of Italian blend, 1 cup of Velveeta® Queso Blanco)
- 1 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- a small amount of flour
- Mix the cream cheese, buttermilk, and sour cream together in a mixing bowl until slightly chunky consistency. Add in 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (I used the Asiago for this step). Lightly flour and stir (helps the cheese blend with the broth). Set aside.
- In a medium-sized sauce pot, bring the chicken broth to just under a boil.
- Mix in garlic, green onions, spinach, and artichokes into the broth. Stir until just under a boil. Bring temperature to medium-high.
- Slowly add-in the cream cheese mixture, letting mix fully before adding more. Continue until you’ve used all of the mixture.
- Add in more cheese as needed to thicken the fondue. Once to desired consistency, transfer to a fondue pot to serve along with pita slices and bread cubes.
This is one of the best spinach and artichoke recipes I’ve had; enjoy!
This recipe derived from: Our Version of Melting Pot’s Spinach Artichoke Cheese Fondue @ Favorite Family Recipes.